[Gnso-ssc] SSC / Team review for RDS

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Thu Apr 13 14:26:11 UTC 2017

Dear Julf / (Colleagues)

I concur to your statement to and extent, but I wish to state that their
was a general consensus that the top 4 got selected automatically. It was
also agreed  5 to 7 a decision is taken based on criteria that to my
understanding was agreed on and was communicated after our last call, so in
my strong personal opinion to bring this up a again is very uncalled for
especially when we had a call that this was agreed on.

Thank you and best wishes of Easter to all celebrating it.

Kind Regards

Poncelet

On 13 April 2017 at 13:42, Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com> wrote:

> Dear Frédéric (and all),
>
> So as far as I understand, you are suggesting making the
> list be:
>
> 1-3: Susan Kawaguchi, Erika Mann and Volker Greimann
> 4-7: Stephanie Perrin, Marc Anderson, Stefania Milan and
>      Timothy Chen
>
> That would be one person from the BC, one NCA and one RrSG
> appointee. I have to argue that that doesn't really improve
> the diversity, as it would create a situation where no
> non-commercial people are represented.
>
> As such I don't have a strong feeling this way or that, but
> as the original top 3 all come with a much higher score
> than the people ranked 4-7, I fear we would be selecting less
> qualified people in the name of a non-existent improvement
> in diversity.
>
>         Julf
>

> On 12-04-17 17:22, Frédéric Guillemaut - SafeBrands wrote:
> > Dear All
> >
> > I am coming back to you regarding the selection that was issued by the
> > team on Monday.
> >
> > As i explained to you, i think the process should have taken one more
> > validation step, as it was scheduled.
> >
> > In fact, i still believe that this list, without any Registry or
> > Registrar, on this matter, is not a wise solution, or at least does not
> > send a right message of commitment to the community :
> >
> > To solve that issue, as i suggested, we could switch seats 3 and 4 (or
> > 5) to  include either Marc or Volker. This way, the voice of the team
> > would be stronger / have more credibility when they will have to push
> > their ideas to other components of Icann.
> >
> > This feeling is shared by both constituencies, and i really think it
> > would be easier,  to make this change within the team, to reach a
> > consensus based decision, before having to present that list to the gnso.
> >
> > That would not be the first time a list or guide is changed after
> > publication, and to me it is for the better,
> >
> > Please take that in consideration,
> >

> > Best regards
> >

> > --
> > photo
> > <http://www.linkedin.com/in/fredericguillemaut/> <
> http://twitter.com/safebrands>
> > Frédéric Guillemaut
> > Directeur Associé, SafeBrands
> >
> > Direct : +33 (0)4 88 66 22 07
> > <tel:Direct%20:%20+33%20%280%294%2088%2066%2022%2007>
> > France : +33 (0)4 88 66 22 22
> > <tel:France%20:%20+33%20%280%294%2088%2066%2022%2022>
> > Mobile : +33 (0)6 81 29 81 27
> > <tel:Mobile%20:%20+33%20%280%296%2081%2029%2081%2027>
> > fg at safebrands.com <mailto:fg at safebrands.com>
> > Skype: mailclub1 <#>
> > www.safebrands.com <http://www.safebrands.com>
> > Pôle Média de la Belle de Mai • 37 rue Guibal • 13003 Marseille • France
> >
> > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/fredericguillemaut/>
> >
> > N.B : En application des principes de respect de l'équilibre vie privée
> > vie professionnelle à SafeBrands, les mails qu'il m'arrive d'envoyer en
> > dehors des heures ou jours ouvrables n'appellent pas de réponse
> [...]

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240