[Gnso-ssc] Fwd: [Ext] Draft SSC Charter Review document

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Mon Dec 11 13:41:13 UTC 2017

Hi Renate,

The way the charter is currently phrased is that any assignment to the SSC is per the request of the GNSO Council, so in theory this could include any type of appointment that the GNSO Council may be asked to deal with (should the Council decide that it would like the SSC deal with this). The charter gives as a specific example review teams and structures related to the Empowered Community, but the requests do not need to be limited to that as currently phrased. See: “The GNSO Standing Selection Committee (SSC) is tasked, as requested by the GNSO Council, to 1), where applicable, prepare and issue calls for applications related to the selection or nomination of candidates for ICANN structures such as ICANN review teams as well as structures related to the Empowered Community (….)”.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Marika