[Gnso-ssc] Thank you to outgoing Standing Selection Committee members and next steps!

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Tue Oct 29 12:43:48 UTC 2019

Dear SSC members

I hope you are all well. The SSC has been dormant for some time, and while there are no new assignments on the immediate horizon, I wanted to reach out to all of you as we approach the Annual General Meeting with an update on SSC membership and leadership.

The SSC charter specifies that each year following the AGM, Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies must confirm membership within 3 weeks. The term for an SSC member is 1 year and “Members may not serve for more than two consecutive terms, with the exception of the GNSO Chair and/or Council Vice-Chairs.”

The SSC has been around a little more than 2 years, and many of you have served since the beginning (thank you!). Because of the two consecutive term limit, many of you are reaching the end of your service on the SSC: Susan (Chair, BC) and Poncelet (Vice-Chair, NCSG), as well as Frédéric (RrSG), Lori (IPC), Osvaldo (ISPCP), and Erika (NomCom). I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who will be rotating out at the AGM. Most of all, thank you to Susan and Poncelet for your leadership and Susan for all of your efforts on the leadership team over the last 2+ years.

To those leaving the SSC, and especially those who have served since the beginning, we would like to hear about your experience on the SSC and any ideas you may have to keep improving the SSC going forward. If you would like to share feedback, please email staff support and/or Rafik as Ex-Officio Member Representing GNSO Council Leadership. Your input is valuable to ongoing success of the SSC.

SG/C leaders and NomCom appointees for the upcoming Council term will soon receive a message with instructions about appointing new members and confirming existing members. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks again everyone, and I hope to see many of you in Montreal!

Kind regards,
Emily

Emily Barabas | Policy Manager
ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Email: emily.barabas at icann.org | Phone: +31 (0)6 84507976