[Gnso-ssc] ICANN GNSO SSC wake-up

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Thu Aug 6 19:02:58 UTC 2020

Dear Standing Selection Committee members,

As you might have noticed, the GNSO Council has tasked the SSC with recommending a candidate for
the incoming GNSO Liaison to the GAC. The call for volunteers opened at the end of July and
will close 1 September.

We should schedule an SSC meeting in the second half of August to go over the assignment and
agree on the selection process. The staff will soon send out a doodle poll to find a suitable
time - I am aware that a lot of people, especially in Europe, might still be on vacation,
but hopefully enough of us are around.

As I am sure you are aware that we are actually looking for a successor for me in the GAC
liaison role, I am also asking anyone who feels my involvement is a conflict of interest
or are uncomfortable with me being involved to speak up, either to the whole SSC or
confidentially to Carton or the staff. I do remember that when I was selected 3 years ago,
I was a member of the SCC and recuse myself - but appointed the then-current holder of
the position, Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez, to represent me instead.

	Julf