[Gnso-ssc] Doodle poll - SSC meeting

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Fri Aug 7 07:15:10 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Please take a moment to fill out this doodle poll to help us find a time for an SSC meeting in the second half of August: https://doodle.com/poll/mscqen4thqbvhaff.

Kind regards,
Emily

On 06/08/2020, 21:02, "Gnso-ssc on behalf of Johan Helsingius" <gnso-ssc-bounces at icann.org on behalf of julf at julf.com> wrote:

    Dear Standing Selection Committee members,

    As you might have noticed, the GNSO Council has tasked the SSC with recommending a candidate for
    the incoming GNSO Liaison to the GAC. The call for volunteers opened at the end of July and
    will close 1 September.

    We should schedule an SSC meeting in the second half of August to go over the assignment and
    agree on the selection process. The staff will soon send out a doodle poll to find a suitable
    time - I am aware that a lot of people, especially in Europe, might still be on vacation,
    but hopefully enough of us are around.

    As I am sure you are aware that we are actually looking for a successor for me in the GAC
    liaison role, I am also asking anyone who feels my involvement is a conflict of interest
    or are uncomfortable with me being involved to speak up, either to the whole SSC or
    confidentially to Carton or the staff. I do remember that when I was selected 3 years ago,
    I was a member of the SCC and recuse myself - but appointed the then-current holder of
    the position, Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez, to represent me instead.

    	Julf