[Gnso-ssc] Annual re-confirmation of SSC membership and thank you to departing members

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Mon Oct 26 14:45:56 UTC 2020

Dear SSC members,

I hope you are all well and had a productive ICANN69. With the Annual General Meeting behind us, I wanted to provide an update on SSC membership and leadership.

The SSC charter specifies that each year following the AGM, Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies and the NomCom appointees on Council must confirm membership within 3 weeks. The term for an SSC member is 1 year and “Members may not serve for more than two consecutive terms, with the exception of the GNSO Chair and/or Council Vice-Chairs.”

Staff support has reached out to the leaders of the SG/Cs as well as the NomCom appointees on Council to request that they re-confirm members or identify replacements where existing members have “termed out” or are no longer available to serve. Because of the two consecutive term limit, at least two members are ending their service on the SSC: Julf (Chair, NCSG) and Sam (NCSG). Rafik will also be leaving the role of Ex-Officio Member representing GNSO Council leadership, as his term as Council Vice-Chair has ended. I wanted to take a moment to thank Julf, Rafik, and Sam and any other members who will be concluding their time on the SSC. Special thanks for Julf for serving as Chair and Rafik for maintaining the link to Council leadership!

Once SSC membership has been confirmed for the coming year, we will be in touch about selection of a new Chair for the SSC.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Emily

Emily Barabas
Policy Manager, GNSO Policy Development Support
Phone: +31 (0)6 84507976
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org/>