[Gnso-subteam0b-policyimpl] MP3 Policy and Implementation Principles Sub Team - Thursday 13 February 2014

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Thu Feb 13 22:39:41 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working Principles Sub-Team call held on Thursday 13 February 2014 at 21:00 UTC:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20140213-en.mp3

Attendees:
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - ALAC
Chuck Gomes- RySG
Alan Greenberg - At-Large
Avri Doria - NCSG
Tom Barrett - RrSG
 Greg Shatan - IPC
Michael Graham - IPC
Nic Steinbach- RrSG

Apologies:
 none

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Nathalie Peregrine

Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 13 February 2014:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the Working Principles Sub-Team meeting of 13 February 2014

  Chuck Gomes:Waiting for operator

  Chuck Gomes:I had connectivity problems

  Avri Doria:this meeting gave me an excuse to stop soveling that wonderful storm for a bit.

  Avri Doria:shoveling

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:i am

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:i haven't called in yet but i will

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Tom is not on the audio birdge

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Michael Graham has joined the AC room

  Michael R. Graham:Hello.

  Michael R. Graham:No phone -- what is the purpose of b?  Should we not give the purpose as the basis/principle?

  Avri Doria:i have to opne the word version to rember what comments i had since we (obviously can't scroll) I may go back once i have seen what it was i commented on.

  Avri Doria:well that is a phrase we should hear less and less.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed @avri

  Michael R. Graham:e.g. In order to ensure that steps or procedures implemented in order to  bring Board-approved GNSO Policy into effect is sufficient for implementation but not overreaching or embodies different or new Policy. [I don't like this particularly, but a place to begin?]

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:wse ARE still developing thatpolicy

  Michael R. Graham:Like "guidance"

  Avri Doria:well transparency is supposed to be the default

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:never hurts to repeat it avri :-)

  Avri Doria:becasue it is somewhat derivative

  Nic Steinbach:Sorry for not having a functioning mic today

  Nic Steinbach:agree with Tom that we should delete

  Nic Steinbach:don't think it adds much

  Nic Steinbach:IT IS super important

  Nic Steinbach:but redundant

  Avri Doria:i am find with word smithing, as long as the content remians

  Avri Doria:i dont think our by-laws get enough notice.

  Michael R. Graham:Have to go offline.

  Greg Shatan:burden

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:can we add "burdens"  as in "obligations and burdens"?

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:there are burden's other than financial...such as privacy

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:if new obligations and burdens are imposed on parties, including financial, privacy, accessibility...

  Avri Doria:funny, whenver i hear 'right protection" i hear human rights protection

  Nic Steinbach:my mic is not working

  Avri Doria:and right to property is one of them, but only one oof them.

  Nic Steinbach:definitely. justice. thank you

  Nic Steinbach:sorry for the syntax mistakes.

  Nic Steinbach::)

  Nic Steinbach:i think that where we have including drafting

  Nic Steinbach:we could exapand slightly there

  Nic Steinbach:nvm didn't see the whole sentence

  Nic Steinbach:i just wish it had something in there besides drafting as an example of actual function

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:vis-a-vis theoard...do we want the board to be resolving statelmates at all?

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:vis-a-vis the board...do we want the board to be resolving stalemates at all?

  Avri Doria:iprefer GNSO council

  Avri Doria:anyone csn bring stuff to the council

  Alan Greenberg:We are trying to build the entire issue into this one item.

  Alan Greenberg:This was a statement that this WG MUST come up with a methodology to address policy-like issues discovered during implementation!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:good call bye al until next week then...

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:bye