[GNSO-TPR] Concurrent changes; transfer of DNS service

Kristian Ørmen koe at one.com
Tue May 18 05:10:55 UTC 2021

Hi Steve

Nameserver change can happen at any time during the registration. It often happens when a registrant transfers the domain but not always.

In the company I work for we have supplied a free dns service in Denmark for the past 20 years. The DNS service keeps running no matter how you wish to transfer your domains from registrar to registrar since the DNS service is not connected to the domain registrar service in any way. In another brand of the company group the domain is often linked to a hosting account and the nameservers would change when the domain is transferred since the domain should be pointed to the new hosting account that the transfer was intended for.

There is many different business model and we should be sure not to lock down ICANN policies down to what most people do, but instead make sure they are open enough so they would work for everyone, everywhere.

The scope of this PDP is and should be limited to the domain registration transfer process.

Kind regards
Kristian Ørmen