[GNSO-TPR] Reminder: Draft Initial Report - Input Due 14 May 2022

Mike Rodenbaugh mike at rodenbaugh.com
Tue May 10 21:49:59 UTC 2022

I wish to raise a further issue wrt Reco 19, allowing registrars to deny a
transfer for virtually any breach of the registration agreement.  Given
that registrars can put just about anything they like into a registration
agreement, and that they are given full discretion whether to judge whether
the RNH is in some breach of it, I am concerned this is far too broad of a
reason and far too much discretion for a registrar to deny a transfer.

It seems to be a fairly radical change unless we can develop some
restrictive language.  I think our intent was to allow greater freedom to
stop transfers where there has been abuse, other than 'fraud'.  And that is
a laudable goal that certainly the IPC supports.  So perhaps we should
expand on 'fraud' but not so far as 'almost any breach of any provision of
the registration agreement' (..., I am paraphrasing).  We could say "fraud
or other illegal or abusive behavior", or something like that?

Thanks,
Mike

[image: Logo]

Mike Rodenbaugh