[GNSO-TPR] Proposed agenda for meeting #68 on Tuesday November 2022 at 16:00 UTC

Caitlin Tubergen caitlin.tubergen at icann.org
Mon Nov 21 22:37:07 UTC 2022

Dear Working Group members,

As a reminder, please come prepared to discuss the working documents for Recommendation 14<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VOwh3d7bieJI1rDYYYv71CHDfbkkUpVdVt57H8-1A5w/edit>, 16<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lPqhvP6ekFafgiwu-LOxARL4HxE7Fer2cGTcq_1f4Eo/edit>, and 17<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yTeU5FTqfXt59_JqAewSs0SvNzoObgmZRWDtYYjxxtY/edit> during our call tomorrow.

Additionally, here is a reminder of outstanding homework and the action items from our last meeting:


  1.  Working Group Members to review the attached redline revision of the Initial Report reflecting agreed updates to Recommendations 3-9 (see pages 18-24), as well as a strawman draft of the new Recommendation 2 and response to Charter Question A7. The Recommendation 2 strawman is available here [docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1e8iG6FmRD0M5VlMUrmIedPw3burqfxLXQrkubxDJ3oQ/edit__;!!PtGJab4!6WgdXjTDkcb14NMGotCmkjtInUK8VmTtFNyUtEbsFn8DTEsHOyL5OBgwNu_RYzmRmvxlsT4ruskXQW8r4woa3jUrpzfIK-5HzB8$> by Wednesday, 30 November.
  2.  Jothan Frakes, Jim Galvin, Jody Kolker, and Rick Wilhelm have volunteered to compile a list of attack vectors and how the recommendations solve for them, or where they are out of scope.
  3.  Updates to report language:

  *   Recommendation 10:
     *   Concern -- Staff to see where the discussion on the Losing FOA falls and then to tidy up the language in recommendations and rationales.
     *   Proposed edit -- Staff to amend the recommendation per the WG’s discussion.
  *   Recommendation 11:
     *   Proposed edit -- Staff to revise the recommendation either according to the potential next step in the strawman revision of “unset the TAC” or retaining the term “clear” with a definition in a footnote.
     *   Proposed Edit -- Jim Galvin to bring this issue back to the Registry SG for discussion/consideration.
  *   Recommendation 13:
     *   Proposed edit -- Staff to update the language to “Registry” from “Registries”.
     *   Proposed edit -- Staff to revise the language according to the Strawman revision suggested in the Potential next step.
     *   Proposed edit -- Staff to revise the language according to the Strawman revision suggested in the Potential next step, except to change to “reset the TAC to null.”
  *   Question to the community regarding management of TTL: Jim Galvin, Rick Wilhelm, Jothan Frakes Jody Kolker, and John Woodworth to meet to discuss the public comments and come back to the group with a proposal.

Thank you for your attention to this homework as we continue the review of public comments.

Best regards,

Emily, Julie, Berry, and Caitlin

From: GNSO-TPR <gnso-tpr-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Emily Barabas <emily.barabas at icann.org>
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 1:41 PM
To: "gnso-tpr at icann.org" <gnso-tpr at icann.org>
Subject: [GNSO-TPR] Proposed agenda for meeting #68 on Tuesday November 2022 at 16:00 UTC

Dear Working Group members,

Please find below the proposed agenda for the next meeting scheduled to take place on Tuesday 22 November 2022 at 16:00 UTC.

Prior to the call, please review the documents linked in the agenda below.

Kind regards,

Julie, Berry, Caitlin, and Emily

Transfer Policy Review - Meeting #68
Proposed Agenda
22 November 2022

  1.  Roll Call & SOI updates
  2.  Welcome and Chair Updates
  3.  Terminology Updates: Whois – Recommendation 14 (Public Comment Review Tool<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/201949311/gnso-TPR-P1A-pcrt-Initial-Report-Recommendations_Rec%2014_20220829.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1661773089000&api=v2> and Public Comment Working Document [docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1VOwh3d7bieJI1rDYYYv71CHDfbkkUpVdVt57H8-1A5w/edit__;!!PtGJab4!6xPK9tu2Xv77St2mvd6BvA1GSy4b1CcZI6Tnlm6UcVxaG8A2kVTnjtYqzLSYGNgKxhnlZKYH1FdUrqZ1w-agk4CVNxDFYwb0VUI$>)

[No comments received on Recommendation 15]

  1.  Transfer Restriction After Initial Registration – Recommendation 16 (Public Comment Review Tool<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/201949311/gnso-TPR-P1A-pcrt-Initial-Report-Recommendations_Rec%2016_20220829.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1661773108000&api=v2> and Public Comment Working Document [docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1lPqhvP6ekFafgiwu-LOxARL4HxE7Fer2cGTcq_1f4Eo/edit__;!!PtGJab4!6xPK9tu2Xv77St2mvd6BvA1GSy4b1CcZI6Tnlm6UcVxaG8A2kVTnjtYqzLSYGNgKxhnlZKYH1FdUrqZ1w-agk4CVNxDF1dxEz5o$>)
  2.  Transfer Restriction After Inter-Registrar Transfer – Recommendation 17 (Public Comment Review Tool<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/201949311/gnso-TPR-P1A-pcrt-Initial-Report-Recommendations_Rec%2017_20220829.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1661773117000&api=v2> and Public Comment Working Document [docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1yTeU5FTqfXt59_JqAewSs0SvNzoObgmZRWDtYYjxxtY/edit__;!!PtGJab4!6xPK9tu2Xv77St2mvd6BvA1GSy4b1CcZI6Tnlm6UcVxaG8A2kVTnjtYqzLSYGNgKxhnlZKYH1FdUrqZ1w-agk4CVNxDFeZPhGGw$>)
  3.  AOB
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-tpr/attachments/20221121/bf2262b2/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Transfer Policy Review Initial Report_REDLINE_16 Nov 2022[1].docx
Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
Size: 554982 bytes
Desc: Transfer Policy Review Initial Report_REDLINE_16 Nov 2022[1].docx
URL: <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-tpr/attachments/20221121/bf2262b2/TransferPolicyReviewInitialReport_REDLINE_16Nov20221-0001.docx>

More information about the GNSO-TPR mailing list