[GNSO-TPR] ICANN org input on TPR Preliminary Recommendation 19, Transfer Policy Section I.A.3.7.1

Mike Rodenbaugh mike at rodenbaugh.com
Fri Feb 17 16:16:08 UTC 2023

Thanks to Isabelle and Holida for this important intervention.  We
definitely need to revisit this discussion, and ensure that registrars may
deny a transfer where anti-abuse terms are violated -- as per the current
Policy, and as per the group's earlier consensus.  We cannot weaken the
Policy in this regard.  I am sure there is no consensus to do so.  It just
needs to be clarified.

I also like the idea of separating out the reasons: 1) evidence of fraud;
2) evidence of DNS Abuse; and 3) violation of Anti-abuse Policies.

It would be helpful for Isabelle and Holida to provide alternate sources
for the DNS Abuse definition, as they suggest.

[image: Logo]

Mike Rodenbaugh

address:

548 Market Street, Box 55819