[GNSO-TPR] Proposed Agenda - TPR WG Meeting #96 - 11 July 2023

Sarah Wyld swyld at tucows.com
Tue Jul 11 13:51:08 UTC 2023

Hi Working Group,

I was reviewing the TEAC recs and have a question for the group.

Draft Preliminary Recommendation: Once a Gaining Registrar has provided an initial non-automated response to a TEAC communication as described in Section I.A.4.6.3 of the Transfer Policy, the Gaining Registrar must provide additional, substantive updates by email to the Losing Registrar every 72 hours / 3 calendar days until work to resolve the issue is complete. These updates must include specific actions taken by the Gaining Registrar to work towards resolution.

Was our intent specifically to have these updates happen only every 72 hours/3 days, or was that the maximum time that could pass before an update is given? Are we intending to restrict against more prompt/frequent updates (e.g. after two days)? I do think that would be an effect of this current text.

If we’re saying that 72 hours/3 days is the maximum time that can pass between updates which could also be more frequent, we could just add in “at least” (“updates by email to the Losing Registrar at least every 72 hours / 3 calendar days”)

Thanks,

--
Sarah Wyld, CIPP/E

Policy & Privacy Manager