[GNSO-TPR] Fw: For your review: TPR recap recording + documents

Theo Geurts transferpdp at dcx.nl
Thu Nov 2 13:58:27 UTC 2023

Thanks Roger,

Regarding the 50k or whatever pricing we will put in the recommendations after our discussions last time.

I suggest that the price should be reasonable. Or to some wording to that extent.
My thinking is here that the price will evolve to something reasonable anyway. And the alternative is most likely not pretty.

The alternative is that the WG sets a price through a policy recommendation.
I think that will be a wrong move.

First there is all these trade laws in the US, but I leave that to ICANN legal.

Second, a working group setting a price on registry operations through a PDP? Do we want to open up that door? Where is that going to end?
Imagine a WG setting a price on how much a UDRP provider can charge?
If a WG can set a price on a TOSS, why stop there in future PDP's.

I think we need to stay clear from mentioning any price tag within the recommendations.

Best,
Theo