[GNSO-TPR] Action Item: Prelim Recs + Rationale Document

Mike Rodenbaugh mike at rodenbaugh.com
Wed Feb 21 17:53:03 UTC 2024

I would like to see some substantive rationale for 1.3.  It seems to me it
would be a very Material Change requiring notification when the *entire
record* is in fact changed to/from RNH data to/from Registrar data.

Also 2.1 needs further explanation as to how the Designated Agent "is not
used as expected" and "is not fit for purpose".  We all know that is a
concept embedded in many domain name registration agreements today.  If we
are removing the 60-day lock and requiring notice, it seems to me that
registrars should still be able to contractually act as a Designated Agent
(at least for some purposes, like authorizing a transfer where an RNH has
agreed to sell their name at auction) if/when their customers allow them to
do so.  I do agree that Designated Agent should not be allowed to opt the
RNH out of notifications.  But I think there could be chaos if this concept
is simply not allowed for any purpose going forward.

[image: Logo]

Mike Rodenbaugh

address:

548 Market Street, Box 55819

San Francisco, CA 94104

email:

mike at rodenbaugh.com

phone:

+1 (415) 738-8087
*WORLD TRADEMARK REVIEW "WTR 1000" Top Global TM Counsel*
*2012 to present
[Book a Meeting <https://www.cloudhq.net/meeting/G0vOhHMQkV7rGgdCWt1>]*