[gtld-tech] Delegated strings: WHOIS & SLAs...

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Thu Nov 21 15:57:29 UTC 2013

> _tcp.tld could not be delegated as "_tcp" is not permissable as a
> delegation.

That hardly seems relevant since nobody's suggesting delegating the name.
It'd be an administrative bit of the TLD itself.

In the IETF WEIRDS group we've been scratching our heads for months about
how to publish the location of a TLD's RDAP (son-of-WHOIS) server.  A SRV
record is definitely one of the options.

Regards,