[gtld-tech] Specification 5 - Country names... again..

Gavin Brown gavin.brown at centralnic.com
Mon Nov 25 17:09:56 UTC 2013

> I went to the trouble of interacting with the primary sources and obtaining workable references because what is published is quite hard to coerce into the format we all need it. In the process I received rather amusing responses from various organizations that should know better. I'm attaching a list that should be easier to work with.
>
> Rather than simply sending them to this mailing list, wouldn't it be better to setup a github repo or similar device so that updates can be made to the data, and we all have access to the latest version of the common work? In the meanwhile, comments and additions are welcome.

I agree:

https://github.com/centralnic/spec5-reserved-names

I've added your list, plus the file I was working on. Let's see if we
can work out a format that makes sense for this - JSON? XML? YAML?

G.

--
Gavin Brown
Chief Technology Officer

CentralNic Group plc is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 8576358. Registered Offices: 35-39 Moorgate, London,
EC2R 6AR.