[gtld-tech] Specification 5 - Country names... again..

Seth Goldman sethamin at google.com
Wed Nov 27 20:36:32 UTC 2013

Hi Alexander,

We are also bit confused about the correct document to use. Regarding
Section 4.3 of Specification 5 of the RA, when I visit the website for the
UNGEGN, it states that the latest list is from June 27th 2007:
http://unstats.un.org/unsd/geoinfo/ungegn/docs/9th-uncsgn-docs/econf/9th_UNCSGN_e-conf-98-89-add1.pdf
The version you referenced is more recent (from the 26th session in 2011),
but the link to it on the site seems to be grayed out.  So there are two
plausible versions - one that seems to be official, and the other that
seems more recent.

We would also be very happy if ICANN would just provide the officially
mandated list for everyone to use.

Thanks,
Seth Goldman
Google