[gtld-tech] Draft Updated WHOIS Clarification Advisory v.20141209

Naoki Kambe kambe at jprs.co.jp
Fri Dec 12 06:35:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

One quick comment:

  One of the objectives of these clarifications is to retain the ability
  to easily parse the output. Interested users are encouraged to
  consider the clarifications below when developing parsers for RDDS
  output.

The above objective doesn't seem much different from RDAP's one.  I'm
afraid the clarified WHOIS specification might reduce motivation to
support RDAP.  I'm curious about how we would migrate between WHOIS
and RDAP in future.

Regards,
Naoki Kambe