[gtld-tech] Draft Updated WHOIS Clarification Advisory v.20141209

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Sat Dec 20 00:27:09 UTC 2014

James,

I've incorporated most of your comments in this new document; I renamed it to "Contracted Parties Response" in the hope that we get feedback from other registries  and from registrars. I'll comment on a minor architecture detail in another message in order not to lose focus on the main issues.

Rubens

> [...]
>> - Registry change: changes that imply registry system data model or behaviour changes. Marked in red. For those changes there are no other venues than consensus policies and RA amendments, they simply do not fit in anything allowed by specification 4, and are likely to be quashed in the agreement and bylaws defined ways.
>>
>> Some recommendations have more than one part so a few of them are marked in more than one column.
>>
>> The registrar-only recommendations are listed in the workbook but not currently commented, but my guess is they will have a similar distribution of clarifications, simple changes and changes requiring a complete revamp of the system.
>>

>> Rubens
>> NIC.br <http://nic.br/>
>>

>>> On Dec 9, 2014, at 10:41 PM, Gustavo Lozano <gustavo.lozano at icann.org <mailto:gustavo.lozano at icann.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello colleagues,
>>>
>>> Attached you will find the Draft Updated WHOIS Clarification Advisory. Two versions are provided for your reference: clean version and redline against the original advisory (v 1.0) as published on 12 September 2014 (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registry-agreement-spec4-raa-rdds-2014-09-12-en <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registry-agreement-spec4-raa-rdds-2014-09-12-en>).
>>>
>>> This draft version incorporates feedback gathered from various contracted parties, cases/emails sent to ICANN, the WHOIS Clarification Advisory meeting held at IETF 91 in November, and feedback sent to the gtld-tech mailing list.
>>>
>>> A conference call, with the objective of gathering feedback on this draft version, will take place on Tuesday 16 December 2014. If you want to participate in the conference call, please send me an email to fabien.betremieux at icann.org <mailto:fabien.betremieux at icann.org>.
>>>
>>> Please send any feedback or questions you have on this version of the advisory to the mailing list as soon as possible, in order for ICANN Staff to discuss internally and provide an answer during the conference call.
>>>
>>> It's important to remember:
>>> * This advisory is not meant to create new requirements for contracted parties.
>>> * This advisory is not meant to redefine the WHOIS protocol.
>>> * This advisory resulted from questions sent by contracted and third parties seeking clarification on the Whois (RDDS) requirements in the New gTLD base RA and 2013 RAA.

>>> Gustavo