[gtld-tech] Handling of "loc" and "int" contacts

Loesje Hermans loesje.hermans at dnsbelgium.be
Thu Jul 17 08:15:27 UTC 2014

Hi Alex,

I added the .be way of working inline.

Kind regards,

Loesje Hermans
Functional Analyst
+32 16 29 89 23

DNS Belgium vzw/asbl
Ubicenter - Philipssite 5, bus 13 - 3001 Leuven
www.dnsbelgium.be

On 24 Apr 2014, at 09:18, Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer at nic.at> wrote:

> All,
>
> We're currently evaluating the options regarding the "int" and "loc" postalInfo elements of the EPP contact mapping. Currently, we use the "int" type exclusively, but looking at the recent developtments in the "IRD" area (http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-ird-requirements), we're looking into the options to move forward with allowing "loc" postalInfo types as well.
>
> I'm trying to grasp a "sense of the room" with regards to the following questions, and would appreciate feedback:
>
> - For registries that implement "loc" postalInfo, which of the options do you support?
>    a) just "loc"
>    b) either "loc" or "int"
>    c) "int" required, "loc" optional
>    d) "loc" required, "int” optional
We only accept type ‘loc’. When ‘int’ is specified we answer with a 2306 parameter value policy error.

> - For registries that allow both "loc" and "int", do you require any connection between the two postalInfo data sets (for example, "identical cc", or "identical pc”?)
na

> - For registries that allow both "loc" and "int", which of the two are you displaying in WHOIS? Are you trying to serve "different views" depending on user location or (in the case of web whois) user agent information (eg. "accept-language" header?)
na

> - Do you limit the text contents of "loc" fields to a certain sensible subset of UTF-8, for example to the set of scripts that are also the basis for the registry's IDN tables?
Yes, we limit to a set of 200 characters. This set covers the most frequently used characters in Belgium. Because we want our support to be able to read the entered data and we want to be able to reproduce all entered characters in pdf documents, like our WHOIS certificate.