[gtld-tech] "zfa-passwords" vs CZDS

Luis Muñoz lem at isc.org
Wed Mar 26 18:54:47 UTC 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 7:31 AM, John R Levine <johnl at taugh.com> wrote:

> Yes, I realize that, but if a registry's processes are so sloppy that it doesn't remember whose CZDS access applications it's approved, it's hard to have a lot of sympathy.

Why would your "un-sloppy" process need to "remember" something that is being kept track of in a database, with an actionable audit trail? You can have a perfect process that does depend on the existence of a database.

What happens when you lose the little black notebook where you kept track of who you authorized access to what? Or do you build yet another system to keep a redundant counter around?

Best regards

-lem