[gtld-tech] "zfa-passwords" vs CZDS

Kal Feher Kal.Feher at ariservices.com
Wed Mar 26 22:59:03 UTC 2014

I support removing the field or allowing it to be perpetually 0 (which is probably the least disruptive to all parties for now). As it stands, the data supplied across all TLDs as part of this report is now of unreliable veracity, <- which is the opposite of data ICANN could retrieve from the CZDS.

As a general principle, reports such as these which are released to the public,  should seek to have as accurate and verifiable data as possible. A necessarily manual process will undermine this principle.

Separately, I'd be interested to hear from ICANN whether the CZDS will ever provide an API to TLD operators allowing them to retrieve information and possibly update it as well. Is there a CZDS feature roadmap I've missed?

--
Kal Feher