[gtld-tech] [tmch-tech] RPM Requirement of Supporting Claims Service for Release or Allocation of Reserved Domain Names

Nic Steinbach nic at name.com
Mon May 19 14:32:04 UTC 2014

It would be nice to have a standard way of addressing this - supporting
claims indefinitely, pursuing an alternate method like the one mentioned by
Roy or any other solution - but I think given the TLD roll out so far
standardization across all platforms seems unlikely. A PDP would not have
tangible results before some registries would like to pursue this path. I
would be surprised if a registry didn't implement a delayed reserved
rollout along these lines this quarter and it will only pick from there.

Instead registries need to realize the development burdens on registry
operators and registrars so that there reserved rollout is as standard as
possible and enticing enough to make these burdens worthwhile. Given the
nature of these names - it is certainly possible to make the program
enticing. I would guess that as least within a registry operator, the
mechanism for addressing both the claims and the validation piece that goes
along with this would be standard.

We fully expect to support various models as long as the benefits and
requirements are communicated clearly and translate to a sound business
decision for all parties involved.

--
*Nic Steinbach*
Strategic Relationship Manager