[gtld-tech] Searchabilty in the gTLD RDAP profile

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Fri Dec 4 23:06:08 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

Regarding pending issue P.3. Francisco to check if ICANN would be able to
require implementation
of the Boolean search capabilities using existing contractual mechanism.

In v12 we removed the requirement for searchability altogether. The new
gTLD registry agreement (section 1.10.1) requires searchable Whois on the
web-based Whois service. With that in mind we reconsidered having any
searchability requirements in the profile. Those registries that have
searchable Whois provisions in their agreement, should continue to offer
it in their web-based RDDS (i.e., HTMTL user friendly interface) with no
requirement to offer it in RDAP.

Your input is welcome.

Regards,

--