[gtld-tech] draft-lozano-tmch-func-spec and QLP addendum

Maxim Alzoba m.alzoba at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 01:44:26 UTC 2015

Dear Rik,

Please be aware that GEO applicants can register domains even not being in SURL
for benefit of the Public Authority.

I do not personally understand how to technically formalize it ... list of public authorities is not limited to 10th ... it is up to 1000-2000 departments / wholly owned companies belonging to the city
in a case of a capital ... also names of parks and monuments in translation / transliteration ... e.t.c.

it is Art 2.2 of the http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/about/trademark-clearinghouse/rpm-requirements-qlp-addendum-10apr14-en.pdf

Trademark Clearinghouse Rights Protection Mechanism Requirements
Qualified Launch Program Addendum

"
2.2 To a registrant who is an international, national, regional, local or municipal governmental authority (a “Public Authority”) and such QLP Name is either identical to, or translation or a transliteration of, (i) the name or acronym of such Public Authority, (ii) the name of a building, park, monument, airport or other public place operated by such Public Authority, (iii) the name of a region, city, street, district or other geographic area under the  governance of such Public Authority, or (iv) the name of a recognized public service provided by such Public Authority. Except as permitted by this Section 2.2, if a QLP Name matches a label contained in the Sunrise List, such QLP Name MUST NOT as part of the Qualified Launch Program be Allocated or registered to a registrant who is not a SunriseEligible Rights Holder with a valid SMD file for a label that matches the QLP Name.
"

P.s: example: police.GEOtld_city  should not go to eyewearmaker ... it should go to Police department of the city.

Sincerely Yours,

Maxim Alzoba
Special projects manager,
International Relations Department,