[gtld-tech] Question on contact:chg / contact:postalInfo / contact:addr

Mike O'Connell mike at dnservices.co.za
Wed Feb 25 16:08:59 UTC 2015

Hi Volker,

If you run a real-world scenario where a registrant captures a complex street address, say for an office park, it’s going to be two or three lines long for example:

Street1 Room 5, Floor 3
Street2 Orange Building, Teal Office Park,
Street3 123 Silver Street

now if the registrant moves buildings to a private residence for example:

Street1 456 Yellow Avenue

you wouldn’t want:

Street2 Orange Building, Teal Office Park,
Street3 123 Silver Street

to remain.

At the end of the day it’s up to the Registry policy; you can make it the Registrar’s problem to explicitly clear all fields or; provide some handling around resetting the fields if only one entry is provided.

I know it’s not a direct answer but hopefully it sheds some light?

--

Mike O'Connell
Domain Name Services (Pty) Ltd