[gtld-tech] ICANN CRL expired and not updated yet

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Tue Jul 28 20:02:00 UTC 2015

Gustavo,

I think that's fine.
If I do:
curl -O http://crl.icann.org/tmch.crl
curl -O https://ca.icann.org/tmch.crt

And then:
openssl crl -text -in tmch.crl -CAfile tmch.crt

I get:
verify OK

So even if the .crl download was tampered, it would fail to validate. Perhaps 5.2.3.2 should be updated to include such checking, or http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registries/tmch-requirements should include a normative reference specifying such ?

Rubens