[gtld-tech] [eppext] RDAP server of the registry

Gustavo Lozano gustavo.lozano at icann.org
Wed Oct 7 16:38:05 UTC 2015

On 10/7/15, 10:41, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck at verisign.com> wrote:

> [...]

The schedule for implementing the thick Whois policy that is
under way.

>This gTLD registry operator wants to be sure that we do this once, we do
>it
>so that we don't have to undo things in the future, and we make
>implementation decisions based on consensus policies. If that takes time,
>so
>be it.

I think that we share the same objective. The gTLD profile was sent to the
RySG, RrSG, ICANN gtld-tech mailing list, and this group in order to
obtain feedback. The RDAP profile will be published once that the
ICANN-contracted parties agree that it¹s ready. This is the same the
process that we used with the Whois clarification advisory.

The schedule that Francisco described in his email (i.e.
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gtld-tech/2015-September/000507.html)
appears to work from our perspective, but based on the feedback, it may
not work.

A great percentage of the provisions in the gTLD profile are related to
ICANN policy, and some are just a translation of the requirements in the
Registry Agreement and the Whois advisory (I.e.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registry-agreement-raa-rdds-2015-04-2
7-en) to RDAP. There are provisions that could be part of a BCP, but I
don't think that there is an issue. We can work in the gTLD profile and
BCP(s) in parallel. Once the BCP(s) are ready, the gTLD profile is
modified or a new version is released.

I think that is really important to consider all users of RDAP (I.e.
ccTLDs, gTLDs, RIRs) if the WG decides to work on BCP(s).

Regards,

Gustavo