[gtld-tech] RDAP question

Andrew Newton andy at hxr.us
Wed Aug 3 18:12:26 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Brian Mountford via gtld-tech
<gtld-tech at icann.org> wrote:
> Another RDAP question as it applies to the operational profile.
>

> RFC 7483 4.3. Notices and Remarks
>
> While the "remarks" array will appear in many object classes in a response,
> the "notices" array appears only in the topmost object of a response.
>

> For domain, nameserver and entity search results, should boilerplate remarks
> required by the operational profile appear in each constituent object, or at
> the top level?

I can't answer for the "ICANN way", but I can tell you what we had in
mind from a standards perspective. The individual remarks on an object
or intended to be remarks about the object. The notices were intended
to be about the service or response as a whole.

-andy