[gtld-tech] FW: ROW at ICANN 57 & upcoming ROW#6

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Thu Dec 22 18:28:31 UTC 2016

FYI, folks.

Scott

From: regops [mailto:regops-bounces at nlnetlabs.nl] On Behalf Of Nicoleta Munteanu
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:21 AM
To: regops at nlnetlabs.nl
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Regops] ROW at ICANN 57 & upcoming ROW#6

The last ROW took place as a series of Registration Operations Introduction tutorials during the ICANN 57<https://meetings.icann.org/en/hyderabad57> meeting, in Hyderabad, India.

We would like to thank everyone that took the time to attend the sessions and participate in the discussions. We would also like to thank our ROW series sponsors, ICANN<https://www.icann.org> and VERISIGN<https://www.verisign.com>  for allowing this event to happen.

By holding a series of well attended educational sessions, the ROW Program Committee achieved its goal to raise interest within a broader global audience. The sessions explored the history and background of Registry Operations as well as instructional and more advanced talks in the fundamentals of Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) deployments and Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) extensions.

For those that were unable to attend in person or remotely, meeting materials and recorded session link may now be accessed at: http://regiops.net.

To further bring existing communities of interest together, the Program Committee has already initiated preparations for the next Registration Operations Workshop (ROW#6).

Currently scheduled to take place in Madrid, on Friday 12 May 2017, immediately after the GDD Industry Summit<https://www.icann.org/gddsummit> and prior to OARC 26<https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/26/>, ROW#6 will be held at the same venue as the GDD Summit: Hotel NH Collection Madrid Eurobuilding, Calle de Padre Damián, 23, 28036 Madrid, Spain. We will adapt the format and length of the workshop as needed to maximize its role and enable as much discussion as needful. We are currently exploring an agenda covering from tutorials to technical and operational experience presentations, use of the testing suite, ROW experts group discussions, etc.

A call for suggestions and participation is now active and we are seeking topic related proposals. Please email the Program Committee at row at viagenie.ca<mailto:row at viagenie.ca> to further discuss suggestions. We will accommodate as many proposals as possible. Discussions of workshop topics and organization may also take place on the regops at nlnetlabs.nl<mailto:regops at nlnetlabs.nl> list. For further workshop updates please visit the ROW website at http://regiops.net.

We look forward to seeing you in Madrid!

The Program Committee

(cross-posting to multiple lists - sorry for any duplicates)