[gtld-tech] [weirds] Search Engines Indexing RDAP Server Content

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Wed Feb 3 12:05:19 UTC 2016

It's not about exposing more data. It's about making it even easier for that data to be extracted, indexed, archived, and accessed. Unauthenticated RDAP and the current profile proposal continue the WHOIS practice of making PII easily accessible to anyone who asks (including search engines). The fact that the issue isn't new doesn't make it any less of an issue.

Scott