[gtld-tech] [weirds] Search Engines Indexing RDAP Server Content

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Wed Feb 3 13:35:13 UTC 2016

Jim, you're probably right about it not being a good example. I'm more concerned with the information that could be returned in response to an entity query being archived.

Side note: the response received for http://rdg.afilias.info/rdap/help is encoded using HTML. Sections 7 and 4.3 of RFC 7483 say it should be JSON-encoded.

"The appropriate response to /help queries as defined by [RFC7482] is to use the notices structure as defined in Section 4.3."

Would it have been indexed at all if it wasn't HTML? There's an operational practice thing in here somewhere... ;)

Scott