[gtld-tech] [weirds] Search Engines Indexing RDAP Server Content

Andrew Sullivan asullivan at dyn.com
Mon Feb 8 07:18:54 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 03:03:54PM +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
> It would be great if "old" gTLD's did the same thing.... and even
> ccTLD's for that matter.

What would be great is if we ditched whois altogether in favour of
RDAP, which has a mechanism to look this up for every top-level DNS
name registry.  Then we wouldn't have to rely on whois server name
heuristics.  I'm very much in favour of proceeding with RDAP; I just
think the initial profile could be better.

Best regards,