[gtld-tech] [weirds] Search Engines Indexing RDAP Server Content

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Mon Feb 8 16:48:34 UTC 2016

All true, and not all to be realized "soon" given the multiple paths we're on. The current profile proposal says nothing about support for internationalized registration data. The bootstrapping mechanism doesn't work *at all* for entity queries. Thin-to-thick redirection won't be needed if/when thin registries become thick registries. Two of these (i18n and thick/thin) are still very much bound to ongoing policy work. As things are currently proposed we would get very little beyond benefits associated with HTTP and JSON-encoding.

Scott