[gtld-tech] Registrar Expiration Date I-D

Francisco Obispo fobispo at uniregistry.link
Fri Jan 22 02:49:43 UTC 2016

I see the point,

But this solution is not going to solve the problem.

Registrars will need to update all of their names as they renew, so if a registrar can update the expiry date in the registry via EPP, it might as well do an EPP <info> command, and update the record at the RAR level. Read operations are cheaper and faster.

In any of these approaches there will be a period in which both dates are out of sync.

Perhaps all we need is better wording explaining how this works, or even have a RAR and RY expiry date displayed in the RAR whois, the only entity that would have both of them.

In my opinion this is a HUGE effort (not in dev work but in Operational/implementation) with little gain.

regards,

—
Francisco Obispo
Uniregistry Inc.