[gtld-tech] Registrar Expiration Date I-D

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Jan 22 15:02:41 UTC 2016

On 22 Jan 2016, at 15:26, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>> Can we please instead try to make the lifecycle of a domain name _simpler_ so people do understand it? Already today it is extremely complicated. Specifically in the end game, and yes, as pointed out, that is used by some registries and registrars in a way that is viewed by some as not 100% "ok".
>
> Yes.

And let me add that the wide variety of _differences_ in policy (across all TLDs, not only gTLDs) does not make registrants less confused.

I.e. they have ENTERPRISE.* in multiple TLDs...not uncommon...and have no idea why the Interwebz dies one day.

Of course, that is the job of the registrar to explain that to their customers, but...anyway... ;-)

   paf