[gtld-tech] [Regops] Search Engines Indexing RDAP Server Content

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Jan 29 17:06:56 UTC 2016

On 29 Jan 2016, at 11:30, John R. Levine wrote:

> I don't see what the problem is.

Agree.

On a more meta-level I am nervous over the swap whois -> rdap more and more ends up being "publish openly in rap what is available in whois" which I think misses the whole idea with rdap (well, one of the things) and that is to have profiles where different profiles have different access.

So sensitive data (like name and address of private persons that have registered domain names -- at least in Sweden) should simply not be available for all via rdap unless access is from an authenticated and authorized account. All to live up to the data protections laws here and there.

I.e. without use of profiles in rdap, and different access rights, we will end up in this mess over and over again.

   Patrik