[gtld-tech] CZDS increasingly broken

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Mon Apr 25 19:44:24 UTC 2022

On 25/04/2022 11:18, Matthias Pfeifer via gtld-tech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we were  facing (real old school) problems since CZDS were introduced
> and we know that this API is not rocket science. It's a real shame for
> an ORG like ICANN (like other useless and bloated stuff (DAAR..)).
>
> And because I was tired of that my workaround was just to work with the
> correct downloads and to ignore the other (keeping the old downloads as
> "new"). That's not sexy but I am an optimis: time goes by and ICANN will
> learn how to implement simple APIs and how to handle state issues when
> using loadbalancer etc. :)
>
> They should also hire coders instead of lawyers (cus their APIs suck :)
>
> Rude words. No sorry.
>

> Best, Matthias
>

> On 25.04.22 00:16, John R Levine via gtld-tech wrote:
>> I reran the script which worked but with over 100 proxy errors, some
>> of which took four retries before they finally worked.

Tried a single thread today. It worked with no timeouts or drops.

A similar lag problem (possibly a proxy issue) affects ICANN's
Confluence software used for the working groups in that it can take over
30 seconds for an edited page to reload.

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com