[gtld-tech] CZDS system updates for access extension requests

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Wed Jun 29 12:17:32 UTC 2022

On 28/06/2022 22:29, Eduardo Alvarez via gtld-tech wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please note that a release was just completed in the Centralized Zone
> Data Service (CZDS) system with some new functionality.
>
> Active CZDS users and Registry Operators should be receiving the
> notification from ICANN directly too, however I thought I’d share here
> as well for anyone interested.
>
> Zone file access requesters already authorized to access a top-level
> domain (TLD) zone file in the CZDS system will now have the option to
> submit an access extension request up to 30 days prior to the expiration
> date of their currently approved access.
>
> To request an access extension though the CZDS portal, go to the TLD
> zone access request details page. If the expiration date is within 30
> days or less, the option to request an extension will be displayed next
> to the expiration date. Click the “Request Extension” button and confirm
> the action in order to submit the extension request to the registry
> operator.
>
> Please note that an extension request still requires approval by the TLD
> registry operator to extend the expiration date. If the extension
> request is not approved prior to the access expiration date, the access
> request will expire normally.
>
> If you have any questions, please contact globalsupport at icann.org
> <mailto:globalsupport at icann.org>.

It is a nice feature, Eduardo,
It has to be done manually for each request and that means using the
dashboard. The dashboard resets when reloaded to the default ordering
for the requests. That means that the list of requests has to be
reordered every time unless the user is using a spreadsheet and can
search for the request.

Would it be possible to put the request option on the dashboard beside
the request so that it would be easier to see the requests available for
extension and request the extension from the dashboard rather than the
request page? An "Expires in next 30 days" button might also help sort
the list

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com