[ICANN Academy WG] Draft outline for a Pilot Leadership Training Programme in Toronto

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 14:22:00 UTC 2012

Sandra:

Excellent work!

I will add to go over the Policy Development Processes withing each SO's
and highlight how and why they differ (if they do).

-ed

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM, sandra hoferichter <info at hoferichter.eu>wrote:

>  Dear WG members,****
>
>  ****
>
> after a summer break Filiz and I started working on a draft outline for
> the pilot project in Toronto. Based on the FY13 Operating Plan and Budget
> and the results of this working group so far, we present you herewith a
> draft programme inviting you to comment. ****
>
> ** **
>
> While drafting this outline we already discussed various options, how to
> optimise it and what should be the focus. We expect that some of these
> options will be raised in this mailing list and we are happy to answer any
> questions and remain open for ideas, as long as they fit in the given
> framework.****
>
>  ****
>
> In the FY13 Operating Plan and Budget document it is stated:****
>
>  ****
>
> *<<<"The ICANN-Academy concept is still being developed and reviewed
> within the SO-AC groups and further consensus is ongoing though a process
> led by ALAC / At-Large. While this process is ongoing, in early
> anticipation of the direction of the effort, a staff pilot project will be
> focused on the executive training of new SO-AC leaders on ICANN
> organisations, policymaking and related activities. The pilot would include
> usage of online tools where possible and an orientation session in Toronto.
> This pilot project should be seen as a first step in testing the overall
> concept and providing a basis for a future training program as well as
> experience to build on for future improvements if deemed necessary. ">>>**
> ***
>
>  ****
>
> Furthermore this draft concept is based on the proposed curriculum. (see:
> https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/31168402/Draft+Initial+Proposal+%28as+of+18.02.2012%29.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1329954389000).
> ****
>
>  ****
>
> *The comment phase is open until: 31 August 2012*****
>
> *Nominations for participants should be sent to **filiz.yilmaz at icann.org *
> *until 1 September 2012*****
>
>  ****
>
> We are aware, that the discussion in the expanded WG is just about to
> start and this outline will not cover all the needs and ideas, however this
> pilot project should be see as a first step to build on an inclusive
> capacity building programme within ICANN. The WG is should review the pilot
> project critically and develop strategies and recommendations for future
> projects. To get a feedback from the participants this WG is asked to
> develop a survey, to be filled in by every participant in this programme.
> ****
>
>  ****
>
> We are looking forward to your comments.****
>
>  ****
>
> Sandra and Filiz****
>
>  ****
>
> ** **

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.