[ICANN Academy WG] Draft outline for a Pilot Leadership Training Programme in Toronto

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Aug 23 08:23:00 UTC 2012

On 22 Aug 2012, at 15:22, sandra hoferichter wrote:

> We are aware, that the discussion in the expanded WG is just about to start and this outline will not cover all the needs and ideas, however this pilot project should be see as a first step to build on an inclusive capacity building programme within ICANN. The WG is should review the pilot project critically and develop strategies and recommendations for future projects. To get a feedback from the participants this WG is asked to develop a survey, to be filled in by every participant in this programme.

I cannot see this plan as the pilot for any sort of education.  To me it seems like the normal indoctrination given by ICANN:

"
  everything is good ICANN,
  we have no challenges at ICANN, and
  there isn't an outside world ICANN needs to concern itself with
"

I am afraid that I cannot congratulate you on this plan.

I understand that this program is the ICANN program and as such, it was it is.
But please lets not consider it any sort of pilot for a volunteer designed educational program.

avri