[ICANN Academy WG] Draft outline for a Pilot Leadership Training Programme in Toronto

Hong Xue hongxueipr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 10:22:24 UTC 2012

Thanks for the questions and answers, both of which are informative. The
following form does help me understand who will be the participants. Have
they been informed? I assume the Chairs like all others may have booked
their travel already.

Then, sorry for my ignorance. What is the meaning of " *Nominations for
participants should be sent to **filiz.yilmaz at icann.org **until 1 September
2012* "? Who can nominate the participants? Aren't they the Chairs listed
below? Does it mean that a Chair could "nominate" a proxy if she/he is not
available?

Since there is only a few days left, I would be grateful if I could get the
answer so as to pass on to my group.

Hong

> *Overview of participants in Toronto:*
>
> ** **
>
> *Group / function*
>
> *Number of seats:*
>
> *Description*
>
> New President / CEO****
>
> 1****
>
> Fadi Chehadé****
>
> NomCom elections****
>
> 7****
>
> 3 ICANN Board, 1 GNSO, 1 ccNSO, 2 ALAC****
>
> Board Member****
>
> 1****
>
> Proposed: Bertrand de la Chapelle [tbc] ****
>
> All SO/AC/SG Chairs [1] <#13953ecb75e05084__ftn1>****
>
> 16****
>
> Proposed: Current or incoming chairs ****
>
> ICANN Academy WG Chair****
>
> 1****
>
> Sandra Hoferichter****
>
> Staff****
>
> 6****
>
> 1 for logistical Support, 5 as speakers (see curriculum) ****
>
> *Total*
>
> *32**[2] <#13953ecb75e05084__ftn2>*
>
> * *
>
> ------------------------------
>
> [1] <#13953ecb75e05084__ftnref1> Chair of: GNSO, CcNSO, ASO, Commercial
> and Business Users Constituency (CBUC officially and BC for short) Non
> Commercial Users Constituency (NCUC), Internet Service Providers and
> Connectivity Providers Constituency (ISPCP), Intellectual Property
> Interests Constituency (IPC), Registrar Stakeholder Group (RrSG), Registry
> Stakeholder Group (RySG), Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG), Non-For-Profit
> Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC), GAC, RSSAC, SSAC, ALAC, NomCom**
> **
>
> ** **
>
> [2] <#13953ecb75e05084__ftnref2> 21 of the participants' accommodation
> (expect Board and Staff members) will be funded for two nights (11-12
> October 2012) from the pilot program budget.****
>
> *
> *
>
> *
> *
>
> *
> *
>
> Sandra - Do I understand you correctly that the session as currently
> planned is designed mostly for experienced ICANN leaders, except possibly
> for any inexperienced NomCom appointees?****
>
> ** **
>
> As everyone knows, it is critical to clearly understand the audience
> before finalizing the curriculum.****
>
> ** **
>
> Chuck****
>
> ** **

Professor Dr. Hong Xue
Director of Institute for the Internet Policy & Law (IIPL)
Beijing Normal University
http://www.iipl.org.cn/
19 Xin Jie Kou Wai Street
Beijing 100875 China