[ICANN Academy WG] Pilot leadership training in Toronto - decision on the dates

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Mon Aug 27 21:00:47 UTC 2012

Dear all,

thank you again for the valuable comments which has been posted on this
list. I did not respond to everyone, but they should all feed into the
further discussion and the final curriculum.

Coming back to one of Filiz’ earlier email I like to draw your attention to
the following question and ask you kindly to express your opinion in a
doodle.

Due to the time conflicts for some assigned participants, we like to get a
clearer picture about the duration of the leadership training in Toronto.

I propose 3 options and ask all WG members*** to choose, what do you think
is the most appropriate solution. Feel free to consider also the feedback of
your SO / AC / SG chair whilst making the choice here:
<http://www.doodle.com/4c4fa7dehuaksckx>
http://www.doodle.com/4c4fa7dehuaksckx

*** For group balancing reasons I ask the recent ALAC programme committee
members (Avri, Tijani, Sala, Carlos) only to reply on the doodle.

The options are:

1.       A one day orientation programme on Fri, 12th October à this will
avoid time conflicts, especially for the GNSO, board and current chairs.

2.       A two day programme on Fri, 12th -  Sat 13th Octà taking into
account that not everybody can participate on the 2nd day

3.       An adapted 2 day programme on Fri, 12th -  Sat 13th Oct à to cover
the needs for two (slightly different) target groups, on the first and on
the second day. The two target groups are IMHO: current chairs and
experienced leaders on the one hand, prospective and incoming chairs and
leaders on the other hand.

Please note: this is not a vote following the ICANN bylaws, the purpose is
to get a feedback on a certain issue. The doodle will be open until Thursday
30th August 2012.

Once we have a clear idea on this, we should set up a drafting team to
create a curriculum for the programme. I ask you already herewith to
volunteer for this drafting team and hope we can pick up most of the
comments made by the WG members.

Thank you for the cooperation and please let me know if you have questions
or other ideas.

Best Sandra