[ICANN Academy WG] CALL FOR COMMENTS: revised At-Large ICANN Academy Curriculum

Wilson Abigaba abigabaw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 06:35:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

Thank you for this.

I suggest we also include IPv6 and DNSSEC basics. With the transition
to IPv6 eminent and DNSSEC being adopted widely, I think ICANN Leaders
need to know about these issues or what they are. Just high level
knowledge is required and this could be part of the DNS Basics
tutorial.

If its fine with the team, I would like to participate or at least
give input in the preparation of some tutorials, for example the one
about DNS Basics. I have been carrying out training about the same in
government institutions here in Uganda and we noticed that the policy
makers are no longer at par with some technical issues, which I think
affects policies and other decisions because its becomes difficult to
justify the technical needs or their importance.

I will be in Costa Rica but I arrive after this training :(

Kind Regards,
Wilson
Technical Manager for the .ug ccTLD