[ICANN Academy WG] ICANN Academy WG meetings in Toronto rescheduled

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Fri Sep 14 10:37:22 UTC 2012

Dear Hong and Tijani,

Thank you for your comments, but I have objections to this approach.

I understand the pilot as one part of the broader concept, like one brick of
a house. Whilst forming one brick we have to know where it will fit in our
house and what impact it will have on other bricks and the overall
structure. Designing and implementing a brick is shaping the house (I come
out now as an architectJ). Therefore I strongly believe we must work on the
long term (structure) and short term (pilot) aim in parallel. We can not be
separated them from each other in 2 projects. It is one projects with
different layers.

The beauty of a modular layer system is the flexibility, where stakeholders
can adjust, add, delete. We don’t know jet how the final picture will look
like exactly, but we should share the same vision on how it could look like.
I go even further, and doubt that the “picture” will ever considered as to
be ready, furthermore I believe it needs ongoing development.

Best Sandra