[ICANN Academy WG] PILOT - ICANN Leadership Training Programme in Buenos Aires

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Tue Sep 3 22:15:04 UTC 2013

Dear WG members,

welcome back from the summer break; I hope you could spend a relaxing time.

The budget, where the funds for the pilot Leadership Training Programme
(LTP) was included, was approved recently by the board.  It is now confirmed
that this programme will take place prior to the ICANN meeting  in Buenos
Aires for the first time. Some of this group have further developed the
project and we send you herewith the results - asking for your feedback and
comments.

Here are the facts:

.         The programme is designed for incoming and current leaders, in
order to extend their knowledge and skills to maximize their efficiency.

.         The programme is three fold [see draft curriculum enclosed for
details] :

o   Part 1: Basic Knowledge transfer using  the Online Education Platform
(this part is especially designed and recommended for newcomers)

o   Part 2: Facilitation Skills Training - initiated and conducted by ICANN
- 2 days (13-14 Nov)

o   Part 3: Orientation Training - initiated and conducted by the ICANN
Academy WG - 2 days (15-16 Nov)

.         max. 25 participants, incl. trainers from all AC/SO [see overview
of participants enclosed]

.         Participants will be selected by the respective  AC/SO and by the
NomCom

.         trainers will be selected according to a set of criteria's [see
criteria's enclosed]

With this email I send you 3 documents inviting you to send comments until
the end of the week (6 Sept).

These documents are:

1.       Set of criteria's to select trainers. According to these criteria's
this WG will start to identify trainers. Some participants might be able to
act also as a trainer while benefitting from the programme

2.       Draft curriculum. This curriculum includes an overview about all 3
parts of the programme, but still needs to be further detailed.

3.       A database to collect identify participants. The number of recently
announced NomCom selections are included in this overview. (see:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-02sep13-en.htm )

Your comments to all 3 draft documents are mostly welcome!

We will now also pre-inform AC/SO chairs to identify prospective
participants for this programme.

Please let me know if you have questions or something seams unclear.

Best Sandra