[ICANN Academy WG] PILOT - ICANN Leadership Training Programme in Buenos Aires

Hong Xue hongxueipr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 01:27:08 UTC 2013

Thanks, Sandra.

I've one question and one comment.

Q: must all the participants join all 3 parts or can they selectively join
1 or 2 parts (say 1 and 3)?

Not sure how many leaders/new selected can make 4 consecutive days before
ICANN BA meeting.

C: the trainer selection criteria could be more detailed. In addition to
the their teaching skills, should there be requirements on their knowledge
and other skills (such as management, organization, etc.)?

Hong

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:15 AM, sandra hoferichter <info at hoferichter.eu>wrote:

>  Dear WG members,****
>
> ** **
>
> welcome back from the summer break; I hope you could spend a relaxing time.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> The budget, where the funds for the pilot Leadership Training Programme
> (LTP) was included, was approved recently by the board.  It is now
> confirmed that this programme will take place prior to the ICANN meeting
>  in Buenos Aires for the first time. Some of this group have further
> developed the project and we send you herewith the results - asking for
> your feedback and comments.****
>
> ** **
>
> Here are the facts:****
>
> **·         **The programme is designed for incoming and current leaders,
> in order to extend their knowledge and skills to maximize their efficiency.
> ****
>
> **·         **The programme is three fold [see draft curriculum enclosed
> for details] : ****
>
> **o   **Part 1: Basic Knowledge transfer using  the Online Education
> Platform  (this part is especially designed and recommended for newcomers)
> ****
>
> **o   **Part 2: Facilitation Skills Training - initiated and conducted by
> ICANN - 2 days (13-14 Nov)****
>
> **o   **Part 3: Orientation Training - initiated and conducted by the
> ICANN Academy WG - 2 days (15-16 Nov)****
>
> **·         **max. 25 participants, incl. trainers from all AC/SO [see
> overview of participants enclosed]****
>
> **·         **Participants will be selected by the respective  AC/SO and
> by the NomCom ****
>
> **·         **trainers will be selected according to a set of criteria’s [see
> criteria’s enclosed]****
>
> ** **
>
> With this email I send you 3 documents inviting you to send comments
> until the end of the week (6 Sept). ****
>
> ** **
>
> These documents are:****
>
> **1.       **Set of criteria’s to select trainers*.* According to these
> criteria’s this WG will start to identify trainers. Some participants might
> be able to act also as a trainer while benefitting from the programme****
>
> **2.       **Draft curriculum. This curriculum includes an overview about
> all 3 parts of the programme, but still needs to be further detailed. ****
>
> **3.       **A database to collect identify participants. The number of
> recently announced NomCom selections are included in this overview. (see:
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-02sep13-en.htm )**
> **
>
> ** **
>
> Your comments to all 3 draft documents are mostly welcome!****
>
> ** **
>
> We will now also pre-inform AC/SO chairs to identify prospective
> participants for this programme.****
>
> ** **
>
> Please let me know if you have questions or something seams unclear.****

> [...]

Professor Dr. Hong Xue
Director of Institute for the Internet Policy & Law (IIPL)
Beijing Normal University
http://www.iipl.org.cn/
19 Xin Jie Kou Wai Street
Beijing 100875 China