[ICANN Academy WG] PILOT - ICANN Leadership Training Programme in Buenos Aires

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Thu Sep 5 08:15:03 UTC 2013

> Why are we training the folks that are Constituency chairs? That leaves no room for newcomers, and frankly, if a chair doesn't know their (and ICANN stuff) we are electing the wrong people at constituency level.

1. because it was one outcome of the survey
2. it is a programme called "LEADERSHIP training programme not newcomers programme
3. Can we really assume that all current leaders have a deep knowledge about the functioning and perspective of all other stakeholder groups? I doubt.
4. even if this is the case, the overall group will benefit if current leaders can contribute with their experience and we are not only having a theoretical discussion
5. also current chairs might benefit form the interaction with the new elected leaders and others as well
6. the facilitation skill training is designed to elaborate soft skills

My general comment is: this programme is an offer to the community. Finally it is up to each constituency to decide whom to send and up to the individual to participate, regardless if they are either incoming, returning or current leader.

Best Sandra

> Why are we training the folks that are Constituency chairs? That leaves no room for newcomers, and frankly, if a chair doesn't know their (and ICANN stuff) we are electing the wrong people at constituency level.

I am in absolute agreement.