[ICANN Academy WG] Intercultural Awareness Program

Heidi Ullrich Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org
Sun Sep 10 20:06:10 UTC 2017

Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for your question on the ICANN Academy's new pilot course on Intercultural Awareness. Apologies for the delay in replying.

As a point of clarification, this new pilot course is being designed and implemented by the community-based ICANN Academy Working Group along with Incite Learning, Inc., a professional development firm.

The creation of a course on intercultural awareness within the context of ICANN was requested by the participants of the 2017 ICANN Academy Leadership Program.  The course will include one F2F session during ICANN 60 as well as a series of follow up teleconferences.

The F2F session will include an overview of cultural intelligence, an interactive session featuring an ICANN panel representing the cultural diversity within ICANN and their cultural challenges at ICANN, as well as a discussion of strategies for addressing the cultural challenges within the ICANN community.  The teleconferences will focus on areas highlighted during the F2F session. This course will be very interactive and draw on the cultural expertise of the ICANN community as well as the theoretical dimensions of intercultural awareness.

The ICANN Academy Working Group is open to all members of the community. Please let me know if you would like to join this group.

Kind regards,
Heidi