[ICANN Academy WG] RESULTS of the ICANN Academy Single Purpose Call: "Intercultural Awareness Program Candidates Evaluation"

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Thu Sep 14 22:15:15 UTC 2017

Dear ICANN Academicer (this word exits indeed in German and I am sure you
will understandJ)

Thanks to all who expressed interest to help shaping the new Intercultural
Awareness Programme. (see full list of application we received until 31
August here:
https://community.icann.org/display/LTP/Work+Team+Members%3A+applications+re
ceived )

Members of the ICANN Academy WG just finished the above mentioned Single
Purpose Call to identify 5 members for the Work Team. Members present on the
call agreed on the following selection criteria’s and propose the following
names for the Work Team:

Criteria’s:

1.      Geographical and cultural diversity

2.      Gender balance

3.      Stakeholder balance

4.      New comer and experienced members of the community

5.      Should have participated in the Leadership Programme

Proposed names:

Name

Group

Country

Region

Gender

Ines Hfaiedh

NCSG (NCUC)

Tunisia

Africa

Fiona Asonga

ASO

Kenya

Africa

Satish Babu

At-Large

India

Asia Pacific

Ana Neves

GAC

Portugal

Europe

Javier Rúa-Jovet

ALAC

Puerto Rico

North (South) America

Please note: if you have not been selected to this Work Team this does not
mean that you cannot contribute to this new programme. There is still one
more day to register as an ordinary participant
<https://www.formpl.us/form/6133876508327936>  and the evolvement of this
course will be based on the feedback and input we gather from the first
group. You can visit the list of registrations we received so far here:
https://community.icann.org/display/LTP/2017+Registered+Participants

Also these criteria’s and the composition of the group are not carved in
stone for the future, but will help us to move forward with this pilot
quickly.

Please let me know until Monday 18 September if you have strong objection to
this proposal otherwise this group will start working with Incite Learning.

Best Sandra

Chair of the ICANN Academy WG